Friday, January 23, 2015

My machine

I get asked a LOT about sewing machines.
What do I like, what is best to work with, prices, etcetera.

Well when I'm not using my antiquated industrial Singers and Union Specials, I have particular fondness for my home machines.
I guess I'll start with one machine this week.

The Sophia by baby lock.
This is a fairly new purchase for me.
I love that it has needle up or down upon stoping sewing, a really easy to use needle threader, lots of decorative stitches, a couple alphabet stitches, and an embroidery capability.
With so much to choose from on the market this machine hit the features I was looking for right now.
It sews quietly, and has an intuitive set up to get going fast.

Once my studio is set up again I will revisit this particular machine with video and images of it in use. I hope to one day do a comparison of it and like machines in my studio. I'm looking at you Bernina and brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment